A Kay Sheppard Retreat
in Palm Bay, FL
December 7-10, 2018
- Do you need a recovery boost?
- Stabilize! Recharge! Renew! Refresh! Prevent Relapse!
- Rely on clean abstinence
- Enjoy small group process
(Registration is closed for this retreat,)
What is Food Addiction?
Food addiction is characterized by an obsession with food, obsession with weight, and loss of control over the amount of food eaten. It involves the compulsive pursuit of a mood change by engaging repeatedly in episodes of uncontrolled eating despite adverse consequences. The term food addiction implies there is a biogenetic — physiological, biochemical — condition of the brain and body that creates a craving for refined foods: carbohydrates, animal fats, and salt.
How do we achieve Abstinence from Addictive Triggers?
Abstinence is achieved by the elimination of compulsive eating, volume eating, under eating, addictive eating, and ingestion of all substances that will trigger an addictive response.
What is Kay Sheppard’s Food Plan?
Kay Sheppard’s Food Plan is a weighed and measured plan. It eliminates sugar, flour, wheat, highly refined carbohydrate foods, high-fat foods, and personal trigger foods as follows:
- Eliminate the addictive substances.
- Balance proteins and carbohydrates.
- Manage volume.
- Provide good nutrition.
- Distribute nutrients throughout the day to maintain a healthy level of metabolism.
We believe in working a holistic Program of Recovery
We are not affiliated with any specific twelve-step group but we cherish the twelve steps and recommend that way of life. This includes working with a sponsor, step work, meetings, and twelve-step literature. We welcome members of all twelve-step programs.
Kay Sheppard, M.A. is the best-selling author of Food Addiction: The Body Knows, From the First Bite and Food Addiction: Healing Day by Day. A licensed mental health counselor and a certified eating disorders specialist, she conducts workshops for food addicts worldwide.
Since beginning her own recovery in 1977, Sheppard has helped thousands of people live happy and healthy lives by following her comprehensive recovery program.
Find out how to:
- Eliminate cravings for sugar, carbohydrates, caffeine and personal trigger foods by using her Recovery Food Plan
- Recognize the dangers in so-called “health” food
- Overcome emotional barriers to recovery
- Find recovery buddies
- Recognize the warning signs of relapse|
- Incorporate the twelve steps into your life to stay motivated and achieve success.